Where Do You Place Your Power?

 

Too many of us attempt to connect with our power in all the wrong places: in complaining, gossiping, whining, doubt, or fear… the list goes on. Our feelings are part of what contributes to our power; the connection to our feelings is what influences our outcomes. Carolyn Myss



There is power in the words that we use.

There is power in the thoughts that we think.

There is power in the choices that we make.

Where do you place your power? 

I started paying attention to this more and more, starting with the little things. When I go out for a run or for a hike, I pay attention to what I am telling myself.

When I tell myself "You can do this" or "I can do hard things" even though I am sometimes in a tight situation, or suffering through it I find something extra in the tank to move on, to finish the course.

When I complain and moan, the energy levels I have are depleted. It becomes a self prophecy  and a detour into fear.

Imagine taking that level of power of our thought and word into our daily lives when faced with difficult conversations, tough choices and life doing its usual thing throwing up lessons!

This is not to say, we ignore how we feel. It is an absolute must to feel all of our feelings, acknowledge them and use them  as guides

When we ignore our feelings and they stay in our bodies, in our minds, in our hearts. They hav no outlet. The hard ones fester and spill out in the way we talk, act and speak. 

What power are we placing in the actions we take when guided by our feelings? Is it fear, powerlessness, victimhood or is it faith, love, trust, positivity? The choice is ours

Having a few affirmations in our arsenal can help

Having a few mantras and prayers can help

Bing mindful of what we think, what we say puts us on the road to placing our power in something positive.

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism