Don't Let Doubt Fool You

 You don’t remove self-doubt. You learn to act despite it. Mark Manson

Over the past few days I have taken the time to look squarely in the face of all the doubts that I have been walking around with. 

There are times when doubt comes up. When its a new task, when we want to do the task well, when we believe that we have much riding on it, where we don't want to fail. And on the flip side when we feel unworthy it comes up even more.

I have learnt that that to not let doubt fool you, to use it as a tool, to act on it and learn as you go.

I am learning to act despite the doubt with:

1. Speaking in public

2. Being vulnerable

3. Asking for what I want.

4. Having hard conversations

5. Giving up the need to be liked. 

Doubt thrives by making up worse case scenarios. When we ask ourselves "what is the worst that can happen?" and "what am I denying myself of?" we can start taking action.

Peace and Blessings

Akosua



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism