Do One thing Each Day that Makes You Happy

“We must not be defined by what we do, but we must be what and who we are, then only happen to do what we do!” C Joy Bell

I have a poster up at my house which serves as a daily reminder, it says "Do Something Everyday Which Will Make You Happy". I figured that every day adds up, if I do one thing daily to make myself happy it can add to the quality of my life. To do that I had to get to know myself a little better. What do I like to do? What makes me happy? What brings me joy? Simple questions but somehow I paid very little attention to it whilst "living" and so now that I am very familiar with I do my level best to take my own advice

Sometimes it is the simplest things
1. Waking up at 5am to go on the roof to see the colours of the sun rise
2. Walking in the grass outside with no shoes
3. Eating a juicy piece of watermelon
4. Watching Arsenal Footbal Club play
5. Speaking to my grandma on nothing and everything
6. Curling up with a good book and a cup of tea

I know for sure that doing anyone of these brings me a smile and a feeling of contentment. it does not take much but it makes a hig ole difference

What are some of the things that bring you joy?
Peace





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism