All Needs Met

"never underestimate and be willing to invest in the power of your mind. That’s the ticket to anything and everything, because that’s what’s going to lead to your experiences. That’s what’s going to build you character. That’s what’s going to resolve your issues and challenges. That’s what’s going to transmute and change your pathology. Don’t underestimate the power of your mind and be willing to invest in the power of each and every thought that you have.” Iyanla Vanzant

I have been reading up on thought patterns, and how powerful our minds are. From a thought comes an action and from the action results the experience. It fascinated me that simply by paying attention to what I think I can make simple adjustments to shift the experiences in my life. Of course there are things that are way out of our control, but what is within our control is our response the situations, as well as, the thoughts about the situation.

What do you think about money?
What do you think about love?
What do you think about your purpose?
What do you think about the world?

Every thought, every belief may be shaped by your experiences, by your family life, by your religion.What happens is that we look to validate our beliefs, and what we seek we find.

Since January began, I felt helpless, subconsciously, I felt helpless because I did not get paid for the jobs that I completed, when I called and asked about the debt, I was told that there would be a huge deduction based on the contract. I was pissed off, I knew they were right, but I had committed bills. I felt even more helpless, the spiral continued until my thoughts showed up in my experience, I woke up and I could not help myself, I could not move! I got shit scared, what is really happening here?
I could not move my left hand. 
My thoughts manifested itself in - I could not support myself
It is a painful wake up call, and through the process of healing which involves doctors, physio and rest I have to keep reminding myself that all my needs are met.
All Needs Met
Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism