Are You Fully Present?


Be present enough to appreciate where you are. Don’t get lost on future trips or comparison journeys. Your life is unfolding in direct proportion to what you truly believe is possible.
Want more. Dream big. Desire much. But do not forget to appreciate now. Stacey HERERA


Being  fully present in the moment was a lesson that I learnt that has changed the way I approached my life in such a profound way.
Being in the moment for me, is being fully present, fully invested and focused where I am.
No thinking about what I have to do tomorrow, what I did not do today, what I forgot to do, what I am resisting doing and all the other random thoughts that accompany these feelings.
Being in the moment also involves not comparing the experience to something that I did before, something I saw somewhere or what I believe it should be.

When I am in the moment, I feel a sense of freedom, a sense of possibility and a sense of calmness. I fully experience what is happening.
Making the choice to be in the moment can be challenging, it is a choice of trusting that you are in the right place at the right time and believing that whatever is in front of you, you can handle! The key to that is trusting and honouring
your self.

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism