Celebrate the Small Wins

Take one step towards doing something you have been thinking about. Speak to yourself calmly, firmly. Do things that are in alignment with your thinking. Celebrate any little progress you make. Iyanla Vanzant

A friend and I were chatting about getting to our goals, how do we move to the next step, when do we know it's time to do something different. It dawned upon me then that many times we do not in any way celebrate our small wins, postponing it for a big win. It also dawned on me that many small wins can add up to a big win.

Celebrating the small wins makes the journey easier, makes it fun. Who can be serious all the time without feeling burnt out? The fun part gives us an impetus to move ahead with some more joy happiness in the mix.
I truly believe that celebrating the small victories is a part of the journey. Celebrate them and then get back down to work.


Check out the We Lead PowHerful Conference - I will be there


Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism