Big Fat Downers

 

Choose the facts that keep you moving in a better direction. Friends in pain (and we all qualify as friends who are hurtin’,) need love and optimism – critique and prognostication are big fat downers. Danielle La Porte


This quote by Danielle La Porte  above arrived to me in divine timing. Recently I found myself getting not just impatient, but annoyed at some of my friend's decision and choices.  I had to ask myself - why am I getting annoyed at other people's decision and business? What about this is sending me to a place of judgement. Part of it, I know is that I care for my friend dearly and want the best for her, part of it - confessions on the Journey- is the negative ego wanting what I want when I want.

I decided, after giving it some serious, to show up in love. When I show up in love, the judgement falls away, both self judgement and judging others. 

When I show up in love, the negative ego cannot survive. This means that I am able to show empathy, compassion and most importantly love and optimism.

I think about myself when I am feeling in a bind, what would make me feel seen, heard, loved and listened to. Particularly when it may be a bitter pill to swallow and then I act accordingly.

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism