Love People. No Agenda

 Love people. No agenda. Just genuinely love people. Offer your love freely without expecting anything in return - Cleopatra

Love without conditions by Paul Ferrrini is one of my favorite books. Paul talks about loving all parts and sides of ourselves leads to loving others with an open mind minus conditions. Sounds simple enough when I read it, putting it into practice is an entirely different story. There was always a question mark on whether loving others would either lead to hurt or (confessions on the Journey) me thinking "are they even worth it?" Now I know this way of thinking comes from how I love my own self.

Loving self without judging self takes work. We are sometimes our harshest critics, the way we speak to ourselves when we make mistakes or did not live up to our expectations and when this approach is taken it spills over into the way we treat others.

Love people - loving others just because they are human beings - liking and loving are two different things. We can love them and not like them and certainly we can love them from a distance.

No agenda- just because we are all connected, and what I do affects when you do and vice versa.

When we expect something in return- it becomes a transaction rather than a love thing.

Loving others begins with loving self, the shadow side of self, the shining part of self. This helps tremendously in loving others.

Peace




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism