Transactions including material transactions will not determine who you are

 Transactions including material transactions will not determine who you are - Sadguru


Many of my peers particularly from school view success as what has been earned through gaining an education and a career.

Many of them believe that if we have all the comforts and access to them, including a netwrk of people with decision making power, we would have achieved, we would be able to surmount the challenges that are faced.

I also believed this for a very long time in my life. I also believed that being a "good person" I would be spared from hurt and pain.

Where did I get these beliefs? I am not entirely sure. What I have learnt is, sometimes beliefs with the best of intentions which are accepted with no enquiry may not be in our best interests. I have also learnt that if these beliefs are status quo, the norm or family rituals, when one questions those beliefs, it may cause upheaval.

Question them anyway, be curious about them anyway. Why? The freedom beyond the initial upheaval is so worth it.

And on that Journey, we have the extreme privilege of revealing our true selves, knowing who we are and why we are here, without the "things" and the external validation.

Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism