You have to challenge to resistance and your habits

 You have to challenge to resistance and your habits - Iyanla



During this month, I have been taking the time to join an online course as part of the goals and objectives that I have set for myself in 2022. Confessions on the Journey - it has been quite a test. Why?

Firstly, it is in a different time zone, this means that I must be up way past my bedtime, there are times that I am barely awake. The topics take me beyond my comfort zone, they rekindle feelings that I did not even realize that I preferred to forget, ignore and or not deal with. This despite me knowing somewhere in my being that facing and acknowledging them is a way to heal. The methods used during the course are like no other that I have encountered. This level of newness has brought about some self doubt - am I doing it right, am I doing it wrong! Having said all that, it has been such an eye opening experience. The entire experience shifted when I decided to approach everything with an open mind. 

There are 26 days left on this Course and I cannot wait to see the good that is going to come out of it.

Here are my top 5 lessons learnt when doing something new and challenging:

1. Recognize that the ego loves to compare and contrast then analyze. Once you spot the ego, ask it to give you some time to complete the task.

2. Showing up counts for more than we think. Just show up with an open mind and a willing spirit!

3.Keep an open mind.

4. Planting seeds take time - be patient with yourself, declare your mind a judgement free zone.

5. Breaking old habits takes time and will be uncomfortable. Challenge yourself to do a new thing, to form new habits, to affirm yourself rather than affirm your doubts.

Peace 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism