My new Formula to Rebuild

  So rather than allowing our lives to be dictated by fear of the unknown or trying to avoid falling, we can appreciate that sometimes we experience life fully when we are willing to trust and fall. And in doing so, we may just find that we have the wings to fly. Daily OM





In my arrogance I sometimes ignore the things that the universe is kind enough to show me. Life has shown me that shake-ups are inevitable and even when I don’t invite crisis I can’t always prevent it. It has also taught me that I should always be receptive to doing things in a new way and opportunity. This has not been my state of mind; I often want the rebuild without the renovation, but ripping apart and destruction must take place first.

The second phase of a renovation is the most cumbersome and tedious, the cutting away, and removing of unwanted or unnecessary materials. After a lot of measuring - twice, cutting once, and reconstruction the end result is the refreshed new space. This is a metaphor for my life.  The process of rebuilding an outdated life is often as unsettling as the incident that incited the overhaul.

When shake-ups occur I need to stop, be still then take action. To release my hold on the thoughts that identify me with my body and my ego, and I have to begin to give up attack as a way of life and self-preservation. To release the need to fix it...right away. To avoid the discomfort.

Attack does not preserve the Self; it preserves the ego, the false self. It preserves fear, chaos, and conflict. The only way, therefore, to truly find peace and to find "Who I really am" is to put an end to my protection of the false self, and to remember that Spirit got my back. ALWAYS!!

 Peace


Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism