March is the Journey to Patience

 Tell me how much you want it. Tell me how much you want it and how much more you want it than afraid of it  Iyanla Vanzant



What does patience mean to you? Growing up, I remember my mother telling me multiple times that I was too impatient, I wanted want I wanted and I wanted it now! I did not understand what she meant, why was there a problem in getting and having what I want...and right away.

When I did not get what I want and in quick time, I would throw a tantrum, which most times got me in a heap of trouble. When I realized that the tantrum was not working, I started "searching" for solutions to get what I want when I want. Many times, that yielded results and other times huge disappointments. What I did learn from searching for solutions was that  there is a balance, a connection in searching for a solution and getting what we want when we want. The connection is to faith, trust, surrender and acceptance.

On this Journey to patience, let me remember that patience  goes beyond just waiting -- it’s the metaphysics of knowing that resting calmly will deliver in time, on time, all the time.

On this journey, I accept that patience is not inaction, it is a presence of trust, of love

One this journey, let me remind myself that “Those who are certain of the outcome can afford to wait, and wait without anxiety”

Hello March

Let's do this

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism