Observing vs Absorbing

 Over givers often  think we have to take in the energy other people throw at us. To observe it, to be "held accountable" But we can observe others' and insist it stay outside of our aura Mayaam Hassnaa 




It has been a practice to observe - both in my own life and in others rather than "rush in" to fix, change, repair, give suggestions, save and be seen as useful. One of the most important lessons I have learned is to let people walk their path, no judgement, no saving - only support.

Support, I have also learnt, can look like listening, waiting to ask for what they need and setting boundaries.  The practice of rushing in to make myself "useful" is all about me, rather than supporting. 

Observing is a process, it is a practice, it is a knowing that reflect the entire picture, it takes courage, patience and setting boundaries.

Observing provides a different vantage point and depersonalizes the situation.

What and where are you jumping into situations to help, rather than observing?

Peace and Blessings

 

Akosua's Books



 IG


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Redefinition of Lose