Day 1 - NiNa = Girls

Begin where you are, with what you have. 
When you start a workout, a trainer will tell you, "If you can't touch your toes, reach for your knees. If you can't reach your knees, go for your hips." Iyanla


Today the NiNa Programme launched at a secondary (high) school making this it's 6th year in existence! Who knew? I am pants at keeping count, I don't even keep track of my own age, today Avinash, the teacher attached to the programme mentioned it in his introduction and I just had to say wow!
This programme was one of my life saving tools, in the midst of a seeming life crisis. Fired, no cash, feeling totally alone (by choice, because I did not ask for help) I said, heck I have nothing to lose so why the hell not, I am starting this. It was a leap of faith, I called a few of my friends, I wanted an advisory panel, we met at an office in the South of the Island and talked about how it can be rolled out, Started with an idea and a will, nothing else, not even a dime, a place to host it, or participants.Six years after, the advisory panel is gone as it existed at that time, but in came Mr Ramsubhag and Ms Ready-Toby who are true soldier-angels! the definition of ride or die in my book, and right in front of my eyes the team is expanding- talk about organic growth!

I am excited to see how it unfolds and really grateful for the journey
Today's group was larger than usual, we do have causalties along the way and so I am also excited to see how many are at the finish line in June next year.

Give thanks



Would love your support on this programme that I am involved in
https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/train-6-young-female-leaders-in-south-africa/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism