Take What Works and Run With It

We have this obsession in our society with wanting to get it right, to be right, to do it right that the fear of being “wrong” paralyses us Rev Deborah L Johnson

Do you wait until something is perfect before you make a move? And what would you define as perfect? 
Do you wait and wait and wait and if it is not perfection you postpone it?
Why?
What causes you to rather not do it than start and learn as you go?

Having standards is a must, mediocrity must never be accepted. There is a difference between having standards and chasing perfection - which to me, is such a lame waste of time! Where is the fun in that?

I make loads of mistakes, I would bet sometimes you see typos on here too! But, I always aim to do my best, my best in the moment and learn as I go. I learnt that by chasing perfection and letting things slide then beating up myself after because I did not follow my heart's desire and on the flip side I cut others slack when they make mistakes. I have also learnt compassion for others in making my own mistakes
And so the blaming and shaming is taken out of the equation, I focus on the big picture
To me, there is no wrong, there is what works and what does not work. Take what works and run with it, and what does not work and learn from it
Peace


Download the Free EBook - I DeClare on
www.akosuadardaineedwards.com/publications

Get the Journal here
http://www.lulu.com/shop/akosua-dardaine-edwards/daily-lessons-on-the-journey-a-journal/paperback/product-23425621.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism