How of Do You Know?

Feels so good, when you're doing all the things that you want to do
Get the best out of life, treat yourself to something new
It's a really good thing to say
That I won't change my life, my life's just fine Mary J Blige


I was having a conversation with a very dear friend of mine last night, normal convo between friends about the day and how things were going.She said I have a random unrelated question
"how do you know when it is time to give up on a dream and go get a normal life or job?"
"Dude, who gives up on a dream and live a normal happy life though?"
"Well it seems as if things are not working out"
"Seems is the best word you said in that sentence"
"If you want to give up on your dream then perhaps it is not your dream to begin with"
"What about family pressure and societal contructs, do they influence one's dream?"
"If you want it to yes"

I started to reflect on my own dreams and my own visions. Sometimes I really do feel like packing it all in, especially when I am in a financial bind or when I am comparing my progressw to others, then it seems as though I get a second win, I get still and refocus.
What I have learned from this process is the power of surrender. To do the work, have the faith and then let it go. The dream you dream is a path. The Universe sometimes dream a bigger dream for us, bigger than we can ever imagine. And it always works out. The lesson is in who you become on the journey, the qualities that are revealed. The persistence, the discipline, the faith, the belief, the feelings, the healing. They all come on the journey to the dream!

Peace

Have you gotten any of Akosua's books?

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love 

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Daily Lessons on the Journey - A Journal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism