Life is a Game of Boomerangs

before you think, do, or say anything -- imagine what it
would be like to receive what you are sending. Florence Schovel Shinn



 I posted a comment on Instagram today, and there were some comments about, particularly that it it was judgemental and condesending. I thought about that for a moment and then I said to myself

"Self, you know what?, that was so not your intention so leave that alone"

I received some comments about it and started to answer it, granted I got a tad bit frustrated as well because I honestly was not intending to hurt harm be judgemental or all of the above. 
In the end I deduced that people interpret things based on their experiences and beliefs, if they do not have the opportunity to ask questions then they run with that interpretation. I am now okay with that. I am okay with it knowing what my intentions are. There is no way that we can please everyone- can I just repeat that for my own eyes?
There is no way that we can please everyone!

And there is no way that I can respond to everyone's comments and questions nor should I!
Accepting my intentions and owning the responsibility for what I put out is the most that I can do
Detachment from the outcome also helps!

So the next time people interpret what you say and what you do and comes back with fire or a totally out of timing negative response, ask yourself

What were my intentions?
Do I take responsibility and own what I believe?
Am I taking this response personally?

The answers to that will pull you forward!
Peace

If you want to see the comments on Instagram, come join me over there
@akosuadedwards
https://www.instagram.com/akosuadedwards/

or on Twitter
Akosuadedwards

Get the Journal: Daily Lessons on the Journey
http://www.lulu.com/shop/akosua-dardaine-edwards/daily-lessons-on-the-journey-a-journal/paperback/product-23425621.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism