Comfort Zones Smashed

When Was The Last Time You Did Something For the First Time? Anonymous


Today I participated in an event called "Ole Mas" it is a historical event held in Trinidad and Tobago where people dress up in costumes and give social commentary on issies affecting the world and the country in a comical fashion.
I have never done it before, it always looked like it took courage and balls really!

So when a friend asked me to participate, I was giving tons of excuses about why and why not and maybe or maybe not
Then when I sat and gave it further thought, I said to myself
Self, don't you want to be more courageus? - Yes
Don't you want to smash comfort zones? - Yes
Don't you want to meet new people? - Yes
Don't you want to see what is on the other side of fear? - Yes

After that conversation with self I decided to say yes
What absolute fun I had! It was a blast and I was able to support my friend in her endeavour
We even won a trophy, a bottle of wine and a hamper!
Not bad right?

Comfort zones smashed
and I am still alive!
How many times do we just say through fear and habit?
Either way, the experience will be lessons and all things are lessons that God would have us learn
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism