Are You Defensive?


When you are truly self-aware of your true value, you won’t be defensive. Iyanla
What happens when someone touches a nerve, you know, when someone says something that you react to because it either pissed you off or it raises up something in you, do you get defensive?
Do you even notice that you are being defensive? When you become aware and conscious, you notice when you are reacting in a defensive manner
If you are not fully aware, the response is usually to project and blame others, it hardly ever is our fault. The standard response is to find a fault with everything outside of us.
Awareness opens our eyes and keeps us in check.
It allows you to step back and focus on the lesson rather than on anything else or take it personally.
When I start taking things personally, I have to stop, to take notice, to ask myself what and why am I being defensive and reacting in this way.
As soon as I do this, my response to the situation changes.
I learn!
I learn!
I learn!
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on
Facebook








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism