Day 3 - Lessons from Barbados


How you treat people is your vibration. How people treat you is theirs. Lalah Delia


I was having a conversation with a friend this morning about how I feel when I am in a room where I have to "prove" myself. It says to me that this right here is not my tribe. My intuition is my guide, so far it has been a compass on the Journey that has led me to some of the best places I have been mentally, physically and spiritually
The moment that I am in a room that I know I am being asked to prove myself I start reacting to it, when I catch it I pull back, I start listening rather than waiting to talk to prove how smart I am and who I know. I talk to myself - "there is nothing to prove",  "there is nothing to prove", "there is nothing to prove" and I get silent.
My friend was saying that we sometimes say we use our intuition as the excuse for not going into the room or doing or not doing what serves us. - Valid point.
Using it as an excuse is the key here - it will be an excuse to say my guy told me not to do something and you are not at peace. So I am very clear about the difference.

My meeting today - I had nothing to prove. Perhaps I needed a reminder that I have nothing to prove, that I am worthy of everything and anything and that my intuition still works perfectly fine

Peace

Read about Akosua's Journey on A Tribe of Women Blog


Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism