Willingness - My Favourite Definition

Willingness - Psychological and emotional availability to commits to a particular course of action  - Iyanla Vanzant

I love this definition of willingness, I love it because it covers the emotional side of the equation.
Am I willing? must look at how we feel. Sometimes our unwillingness comes from fear and disassociating ourselves from the feelings involved. We are too afraid to face ourselves, our situation.
Feelings, I have learnt, are guides, so having to consider the emotional side of willingness resonates with me on this Journey
I know that I must be available mentally and emotionally to be willing
I am willing to change course in my life, to shift gear but I know that this willingness must come with facing the fear and embracing the feelings that comes along with that
I am willing to change course and shift gears means that I must be available to commit to a particular course of action
I am willing means that I am open to having discipline.
I truly believe that willingness is an essential decision on moving forward on our journey.

Are you Willing?
Peace


Read about Akosua's Journey on A Tribe of Women Blog


Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism