The Goal is to not let Fear Stop You

Stop letting fear be the excuse. Let it be your fuel. The goal isn’t to be fearless. It’s to not let it stop you. Feel the fear, but do it anyway. Mattie James

I committed this month to an exercise and training programme. It started off very well, the excitement and adrenaline and then I got the cold, so much so that I was coughing and could not train
Now, the funny thing is that I hardly ever get a cold, its quite rare
So I was doing some internal analysis and I realised that it was a mixture of fear and discomfort.
My body just shut down!
How powerful are our minds? We can internalise something and it shows up in our lives and in an external form.
So, seeing that knowledge is power, I got up this morning, and made my way to training, knowing that this fear is a fuel, it is not to stop me.
How many times have I started and stopped a task because of fear, because I internalised it and it literally stopped me from moving?
Learning that I can use fear as a fuel rather than store it up in my body is an important lesson for me as I navigate this new year
Peace!

Read about Akosua's Journey on A Tribe of Women Blog

https://atribeofwomen.blog/2020/01/02/journey-to-enoughness/



Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Follow Akosua on



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism