What Drives You to Make a Decision?

 One of the most damaging aspects of being betrayed is that you question your ability to make good choices. When you see what you were scared of, you neutralize the fear, and when you do that, you can regain some trust in yourself. Danielle La Porte

Is your motivation to act coming from a place of fear or love?

What drives you to make a decision? Joy? Pressure? External Validation or Pressure? Do you even know?

Having been "burned" a few times, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that some of my decisions come flavored with fear and doubt, especially if  I ignore my feelings rather than feel them. Especially if I have old tapes from the past running through my head replaying what has happened in the past. If I make up stories, the decision has the tendency to be delayed until its near perfect

What I have learnt is, being "burned", becomes easier to navigate when we can be honest with ourselves, when we can be honest about the role we played, when we can feel all our feelings.

I have learnt that when my motivation is fear, the decisions made are fear filled. And that fear usually stems from the belief that I would be "burned" again. 

I have also learnt that when my motivation comes from a space of love I know that I will be divinely guided and be okay no matter what.

The loving approach takes practice. It takes interrupting my usual patterns. Practice. Practice. Practice.

It also takes an enormous about of trusting in myself and the divine guidance.

Peace


 Have you read any of Akosua's work?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism