It's always your job to reflect and understand yourself.

 It's never your job to water yourself down and make people understand you. It's always your job to reflect and understand yourself. Inner Practitioner

Yesterday, someone asked me "What is important to you, especially now as the world is in a Global Pandemic?"

I thought that it was quite an interesting question.

The global situation has brought to the fore so many lessons and blessings for each and every one of us.

The major question for me is do I "show up" in love or do I "show up" in fear.

Show up meaning - Do I make decisions and live from a place of love or from a place of fear?

Fear shows up in so many different ways

People pleasing is showing up in fear.

Having no boundaries is showing up in fear.

Resisting is showing up in fear.

Making up stories is showing up in fear.

Lack of communication is showing up in fear.

You get the picture...

So, what is important to me?

The "Rona" as I call it, is a very strange time, calling us to pay attention to self, to community, to what is important to us. The loss of life has been sobering, bringing to the fore that life for all of us has an expiry date which for the most part we have no say in. we have a say in how we live.

This time has allowed me to self reflect, to determine how I want to live my life. What is important to me is showing up in love

To live a life where peace of mind is intentional. To live a life of service, to communicate even when it is uncomfortable. I want to translate this philosophy to how I treat my family, friends, loved ones and overall community.

I have seen that all needs are met - not all wants and giving fear of the unknown power takes away my own power.

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism