Let Life Surprise You

 Simply put, if you have no trust that life is on some level working for you, then you will be perpetually anxious. The way to counter it is to surrender any false sense of control over to the understanding that it’s out of our hands anyway. And perhaps, it’s always been out of our hands Light Watkins

I have now learnt that Life is working with us. If we are alive and breathing, this is just how it is!

Many times in our lives we have an idea of what we want our lives to look like, how we want to feel, what goals we believe we must achieve to be happy, fulfilled and successful. When life throws at us something that looks different, many times we panic, we think that something is wrong, that we must fix "it", we must work harder, something may be "wrong" with us.

What if life is working with us to teach us something, to give us a sign, to show us our purpose?

I have learnt that life continues to give us the signs and the guidance until we pay attention - until we surrender, until we trust and embrace -  this may come in the form of pain, society's definition of failure, relationships not working out, health challenges, divorce, losing material possessions, jobs, natural disasters. All of these situations provided to us to get our attention, to surrender, to build our faith and to respond in a way that works with life.

Presently, in my own life, I want what I want, 

I want  EXACTLY what I wrote in my journal to manifest itself EXACTLY as I wrote it. With very little pain, discomfort, risks, failure or suffering, I mean, isn't life supposed to be happy and rewarding "good" behavior? 


Life has been showing me something differently to what I have written in my journal. I do  have some choices though, I can resist, I can wait it out or I can surrender. I can do nothing, I can trust the process.

By surrender and trust the process, I mean go with the flow, let the Universe surprise me, be open to what is happening, this is the path of working with life. Resistance and fixing is saying "Universe, I don't trust you to take care of me, let me take care of myself without your support!" HA! As if! 

The Universe specializes in surprises and life is working with us. Trust that. 

It truly leads to a less anxious and more peaceful existence,

There is discovery in the curiosity, there are adventures in the surprises.

Let life surprise you.


Peace




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism