When is it Enough?

 What is enough? Each of us determines that for ourselves, but very rarely do we let ourselves have that experience. What is that point at which we’re fulfilled, where we have everything we want and need, and nothing in excess? Very few of us can recall moments in life when we have felt that. Lynn Twist


Many of us, the moment we achieve a goal, we start thinking about what's next, what is the bigger goal. What more can I do to top this moment?

Many of us, the moment we have completed a difficult task or project, we start thinking about what else can stretch us. What more can I do?

Many of us, as soon as we receive something we have prayed for, asked for, we start thinking about something else to ask for, pray for.

When is it enough?

Will it ever be enough?

The world has taught us that more is better, keep striving, never be satisfied.

More is better. not striving for more is a sign of laziness and having little ambition.

I have learnt that there is enough and I get to decide when that moment arrives. I  have learnt that focusing on more and more and more keeps me from remembering to celebrate the small wins, from being grateful for what I have in front of me. 

I have learnt that believing more is better many times comes from a place of not enoughness and not enoughness will mash you up.

I have learnt to celebrate the small wins, to be grateful and that there is enough.

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism