What you appreciate, appreciates

 What you appreciate, appreciates - Lynn Twist

The past few weeks I have been reacquainting  myself with enoughness, sufficiency and abundance. Ever so often a reminder is necessary in my life as I get caught up in the world.

We live in a world where it is the norm that more is better, there is hardly ever enough and there is nothing much we can do to change it. During this time, it is very easy to forget that life is dynamic and ever changing, and that when we live with the consciousness that we are all linked, all in this together, we can easily start believing that there is not enough, that we are not enough.

How have I been reminding myself?

1. Being grateful - living from a space of gratitude. Giving thanks for the small things.

2. Showing appreciation - showing appreciation to the people around me in a very intentional manner. I have been choosing 3 people to tell how much I appreciate them per day.

3. Affirmations - affirming to myself that I am enough, that all needs are met

4. Paying attention to nature - nature reminds me of sufficiency, of how simple life can be.

5. Feeling all of my feelings knowing that this too will pass.

Peace




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism