What Happens When you Argue with Reality

 When you train the mind to observe things as they are, to take in reality without projecting your emotions onto it or without trying to control it, happiness will become more available to you Yung Pueblo


I have probably said this here before - I want what I want - (can you identify?) I want what I want when I want it, how I want it. And when I cannot get what I want when I want how I want it the consequences can range from anger, frustration, withdrawal and the list goes on. General discomfort and  discontent.

Mind you, feelings are useful guides to take us to a space of self awareness, knowing and peace when we pay attention and feel them all. When we ignore our feelings they remain, return and show up in our bodies and relationships.

Sometimes, those feelings are to guide us to acceptance.

What I have learnt is that there are some things that I want which are simply not part of the Journey. Life has a way of giving me the heads up - "Sis, this ain't for you"

I have also learnt that some situations that I resist comes to teach about acknowledging the feelings associated with the situation, surrendering to the moment and accepting. This is difficult when in resistant mode because, of course, we want what we want and it is different to what is in front of us.

Byron Katie says it the best - "when we argue with reality, we suffer" - when we argue and resist what is, we suffer.

Go beyond the feeling, see what it is saying to us, listen and feel - you will see that there are many lessons for you. Stop your suffering!

Peace





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism