The Show No Longer Fits

You can't grow with people who don't love how growth looks on you. Valencia

Growing involves change, change involves some discomfort.

Discomfort is not the best feeling in the world is it? Well let me speak for myself, I prefer comfort, all day long!

Discomfort is however, par for the course when there is change and growth.

Some of the most uncomfortable aspects of growth is the loss of relationships, be it platonic or romantic. I have learnt that when a season has come to an end there is usually no way to bring it back to the beginning. The lesson has been learnt, the assignment is over. The trouble starts when we hold on. Forcing, Pretending, Resenting.

I think of growth as fitting into shoes. I cannot fit into the same I wore shoe size I wore as a teenager. When I squeeze by big grown foot into these teen shoes there is pain, discomfort and other more painful consequences. So it is with life, when the shoe does not fit, so be it! There will be pain and consequences.

Over the past year, I have noticed that there have been some growing pains in my life, some of the relationships that I have been holding on to have started to become painful , Confessions on the journey, it has been scary to admit and accept that- the shoe no longer fits.

Some of the projects that I would normally approach with enthusiasm or even resignation have started to become a chore! this has turned into resentment and dread - the shoe no longer fits!

Some of the activities that I would normally be excited to do- I have t find rationales and justifications for them - the shoe no longer fits.

So Now What?

I begin the process of acceptance, acknowledgement and getting new shoes!

Are there shoes in your life that no longer fits?

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism