Letting Go supports Receiving

 To receive something, we have to be open and vulnerable. And more importantly, to receive, we must give up control. Stacy Hererera





What are you more comfortable with, giving or receiving? Confessions on the Journey - Receiving compliments, gifts, gestures used to be  extremely challenging to me. I felt uncomfortable and sometimes cynical to receive. Sometimes I felt I had to earn, or show something tangible to receive from others. Who would and why would they just give me? whether it was a compliment, a kind word a gift without getting something back in return? 

I have now learnt that giving and receiving are two sides of the same coin, there is no comfortable giving without comfortable receiving.

I have also learnt that receiving is not a bargain, no is it a reward, there is nothing to prove or show to yourself and others that makes you worthy. We are simply born worthy.

According to Stacey Herrera  "the truth is that receiving is essential to our wellbeing. We cannot give without receiving. It's like breathing. We have to breathe in (receive) to breathe out (give). And we have to receive to give"

The lessons that I have learnt on the Journey to support me in receiving have allowed me to let go of the cynicism, the discomfort and remain open.

1. Practicing saying thank you when I receive. No disclaimers, no long talk, no small talk. Thank you and thank you very much.

2. Be happy for the person giving - I feel happy when I give so I channel that feeling to the person who is giving to me.

3. Letting go of judgement, cynicism and conspiracy theories - nuff said. Saying thank you alone helps with this one!

Practice makes a master

Peace

Akosua's Books

Nyabo (Madam) Why Are You Here?

Now What? The Flipside

What Did I Learn Today? Lessons on the Journey to Unconditional Self Love


 September we go on a Self Awareness Journey- Four Week Immersive online Workshop. Join us, spread the word.

    Sign up Now - Welcome to Self Awareness - Tools for The Journey


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism