People are ultimately responsible for their own attitudes and actions.

people are ultimately responsible for their own attitudes and actions. Adam Grant 



How do you respond to what situation is in front of you? How do you respond when that situation is totally out of your control?

A Course in Miracles talks about making decisions based on illusions. I love that. We make decisions based on what is not real and expect to benefit.

I can share that sometimes I have made decisions on what I thought should have happened, what I was told is best to happen, how I judged, how angry I am. Rather than on what is exactly in front of me at the present moment.

Blaming, projecting, judging are shrouded in illusions, we make real that others are responsible for what we do, what we said, what we did not do, what we did not say.

We outsource responsibility for for our attitudes, for our decisions.

I have learnt that I give away my inherent power when I outsource my responsibility and make decisions from a place of illusion,

We are ultimately responsible for our attitudes and behavior- it is our ability to respond that makes a difference.

Yes, people, places and things play a part in our decisions, yes we have to take into account situations. However, the moment we forget that we alone must take responsibility is the moment we give away our power.

Pay attention to when you start judging, blaming, denying, avoiding. Changes are you can take a pause and make a decision from your power rather than your illusions.

Peace


September we go on a Self Awareness Journey- Four Week Immersive online Workshop. Join us, spread the word.

10% Discount for those signing up this week!

Self Awareness - Tools for the Journey - SIGN UP NOW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism