Every change is a death and a rebirth

 Every change is a death and a rebirth. Every decision moves us toward something and away from something else. Alicia Gonzales



Confessions on the Journey - changes in life scare me- particularly the ones that I believe that I have zero control over. I would purposefully do events and go places where I had to come out of my comfort zone in order to learn how to let go of control and trust the process. It really has helped, practising to do new things, and going to new places. This is why I love Alicia's quote which perceives change as both a beginning and an end at the same time. I have tended to focus on the end, the discomfort, the inconvenience - all of which are part of birthing a new process - the trick is- what do you focus on?

I love going to beach on the North coast to watch the sun rise. I would either wait for someone to take me - there are no taxi's there at that time of day- or I would ask a good friend to drive me. Many opt out because waking up at 430am is not always pretty! The fear of driving on the long windy narrow roads - a change from the highways and byways for me- stopped me from going.

I decided that in 2023 I would do the drive - at 5am there are less cars on the road so I could relax and take my time.

I have now been watching the sunrise on a Saturday morning - its been healing and heavenly. I am so happy that I decided to embrace change and do something new. 


As change happens, I am now focusing on the rebirth!

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism