Is Asking and Receiving Hard for you?

 For many of us, asking for and receiving support is a path littered with the debris of the past. Hiro Boga 



I can say now without fear, that asking for help has been a challenge for me for a very long time. Becoming self aware has taught me that giving and receiving are all in the same, what we give we receive and vice versa.

If we are unable to receive, then we must ask ourselves, what is the intention behind our giving.

I associated asking for help with being weak, with being seen as a loser, not on top of my game, as lazy- all of the negative vibes. I am not even sure where I got these ideas from but they formed a huge part of the belief system that I held.

Becoming more and more aware of self I have learnt that we are not meant to do this thing called life alone, that many of those beliefs stem from a place of fear and control and just as we find joy in giving, there is joy in other people giving as well.

Additionally, when resentment hits in, I know that my giving and not asking for what I need is coming from a place of fear. Fear of failure, of not being liked and looking a particular way- all stories I made up.

Learning to ask and receive also sharpens up our intuition and courage - two very important qualities on the Journey of Life

Start small, start asking for what you want to yourself!

Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism