Do You Know The Thoughts and Beliefs that No Longer Serve You?

Do You Know The Thoughts and Beliefs that No Longer Serve You? Iyanla Vanzant

Did I know, at the time that I read this, what were the thoughts and beliefs that no longer served me?
Confessions on the Journey -I had zero clue. I did not even consider that this question  would be one be of use to me.
What are the thoughts and beliefs that I held that no longer served me?
Was that even a thing though?
I was willing to give it some time so so I sat and thought about it .
This is what I came up with

Thoughts,beleifs and behaviours that no longer serve me:

1.  The belief and thought that I am unworthy especially in certain circles and certain places
2.  The belief and thought that I am not enough
3.  The thought and belief that I am unlovable
4.  The thought that I have to prove that I am smart, that being smart is intimidating to someone wanting an intimate relationship with me.
5. The thought that I must always be happy, cheerful, nice and make people feel comfortble who are around me even if they act the fool.
6. The thought and belief that I will not be taken care of in my old age

Behaviours that no longer serve me

1. Eating excessive amounts of chocolate especially when I am upset, hiding the feelings in the chocs! (it tastes so good though)
2. That I cannot make a living doing what I love to do

These are thoughts - thoughts can be changed, beliefs can be changed. Especially when they contribute to negative outcomes and unproductive behaviour for ourselves.

Do this exercise, its a banger!
Feel free to share if you so desire

Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?




Follow Akosua on






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism