How Are You? Really?

 If you are a person who resists change, these COVID times have probably been difficult for you. If you are a person who needs to control things in your environment, likely, you too find these times challenging. Whatever the case may be for you, inside of your discomfort, disquiet, irritation, and restlessness there is information waiting to be to be seen and acknowledged.   Tina Lifford


Yesterday someone asked me "How are you? and please don't give me your standard I am good response" I thought about it for a moment. I asked her about what she  said to me.

She said, I usually give a few standard replies to that question so she never really knows how I really am really feeling or doing.

When I thought about my responses, I realized that it a combination of holding back on negativity and wanting to make affirmations of positivity. 

Words have power, my words are prayers I truly believe that, so I am mindful of what I say and how I say it. Sometimes I slip up, especially when angered and triggered. When I do, I recognise the triggers and acknowledge the anger. Anger is also useful, as a guide that something needs to be looked at or changed. Our response to anger is a whole other story, a whole other lesson!

Having that conversation made me realise that I can use words to say how I really feel that are mindful and not negative rather than a default to I am good.

Tina Lifford says "The best way to see what needs to be seen in your life is to first realize that behind your feelings, whatever they may be (positive and joyful or negative and sad), are thoughts that drive you to see your Self in a particular way." 

Seeing the self and knowing the self is the most authentic way to show up in the world. Your responses are grounded in who you are, rather than fleeting.The way you see your Self is the real source of your emotional experience, not the events to which you attribute your feelings.

I see myself as positive, as an affirmation of good, as a thank you note to the Universe. 

How do you see yourself? And 

How are you? Really?

Peace




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism