Simple Reminders of Growth

 to whom this may concern;sometimes, searching for old feelings in old places won't make you feel like your old self again. sometimes, accepting that you’ve shed old skin and that you’re deserving of a better version than your older self is what will make you feel like you again. Billy Chapata


It is always a lesson and a reminder to me when I bump into someone from my past. People who either knew me before now and dropped out of my life, or those who I met along the way and meet ever so often.

The lessons and reminders are sometimes funny and other times I would say brutal because I recognise when I feel triggered.

Reminders to me that I either have grown or still have some growing to do.

Lessons in patience, kindness, and boundaries and most importantly how to not put and keep others in a box, or in the space where I first met them. Just like me, people change and evolve all the time.

It also reminds me to keep moving forward with self compassion and kindness to self, as that extends out to others. To let go and know that uncertainty is not always a bad thing.

Life has a way of bringing the people and signs you need to keep reminding us that everything is fleeting. It is now up to us to pay attention and have enough courage to take the necessary action.

Pay attention to your response when you meet someone from your past, especially the ones that you think that you have totally outgrown.

Peace 

Sign up to be Empowered!

Join me and 50 other guides at the Empower Summit August 22nd 2020

https://summit.guidely.com/?msID=e8ded574-2ab9-475e-a5af-0f079db5dfec#




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism