Illusion or Reality?

The ego generally dishes in two categories: arrogance and superiority complexes… or insecurity and inferiority complexes. And all the wild vacillations in between. Danielle LaPorte


Ten Things My Negative Ego Tells Me:

1. You CAN'T do that! - have you ever done that before?

2. Don't show your legs, they have cellulite and people will see it

3. You are too old for that

4. Can you really be yourself and expect people not to be shocked?

5. Stop wasting time with reading and do some work.

6. Get out more, you are inside too much, how can you meet people and get a partner?

7. People in your field are better than you, have more experience and more qualification

8. Work harder, work harder, work harder

9. You need more money

10. People pretend around you


Whenever the voice of the negative ego comes up, the lesson is to be mindful and respond with love and compassion that I am doing the best I can, that is all and what is best in the moment

It took me a while to get to this simple response. I am grateful to be here, at a space where I can simply say with confidence...this is my absolute best buddy, I don't know what else to tell you.

Peace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism