Mistakes Makes Masters

 



A mistake gets made and the tendency is to dive right into blame, shame, and condemn. Not necessarily the most helpful, but it’s what we’re trained in. Danielle La Porte

My friend's manager at work said to her "be sure never to make a fatal mistake" I asked her if there were categories given so that she can be aware of what a fatal mistake is. A fatal mistake was said to be one where you do something which costs you your job. 

I was a bit concerned by that statement. Firstly, its broad, secondly I believe mistakes are part of growth. Living in fear of making a mistake seems to be a prison. We inevitably will be faced with decisions that lead to missteps.

I have learnt that mistakes make masters, that what I may call a mistake has been a lead to a new path, a detour on the journey. I have learnt that if you make mistakes around those that judge, blame, berate you chances are you don't need to be around them. If you are, then your growth will be stunted.

I have learnt self forgiveness when I make mistakes, I have learnt to judge others less, to mind my own business and most importantly I have learnt to love myself through it all.

Peace

Akosua's latest book is ready for Order 

 Order Now What? On Amazon.com

Order Now What? on Balboa Press

Order Now What? at Barnes and Nobles



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism