Be mindful of the labels that you place on yourself.

 Too much identity and added labels will push you away from the truth of impermanence.  Yung Pueblo 




Labels and titles intrigue me only because I learnt a long time ago that words and thoughts have power to manifest into reality so I am mindful to put myself into a box especially with unconscious speech. Since I started paying attention to the labels and titles I put on myself I have seen a shift in how I show up in the world, I am speaking here about the simple day to day ways we put ourselves into a box, a corner, a category.

I cannot do this

I am.... add in the label, the description - there is a popular saying that what follows I am comes into reality - newsflash - its true!

I always do this at this time 

I never do this

These are the labels I am referring to.

Simply put when we do this we leave very little room to maneuver, to shift, to change, to learn, to grow

Be mindful of the labels that you place on yourself. Everything is feeling, temporary and can change. 

 Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books



 IG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Redefinition of Lose