Face it or Avoid It - Which one are you?

 Avoiding conflict might seem like a good solution in the moment, but it can create more issues down the road. Nawal Mustapha 


Dealing  with stress and conflict has been a couple of areas that I know that I have to improve on.  My "dealing" involves either shutting down, avoiding or just keeping the peace. This is not a sustainable method of "dealing". I have learnt that shutting down and  avoidance to keep the peace leads to resistance and resentment because I am not being true to myself. The challenge will remain and return.

Once we know how we truly deal with stress and conflict then and only then we can make amends or fully handle the situation. It takes a level of self awareness, courage and practice to move through life situations that cause stress.

There are times when we choose our battles and there are times we face them, knowing what our tendencies are helps us navigate better on the journey


Peace and Blessings

Akosua's Books



 IG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Redefinition of Lose