Kiti? or No Kiti?


I follow four dictates: face it, accept it, deal with it, then let it go."   - Sheng Yen, was a Buddhist monk.

I lost my Ugandan driver’s permit. I have no idea where I put it. I went to the bank and took it out my bag went to the bank, I got back with it and that was the last time I saw it. I made an enquiry as to how can I replace my permit on base. There was a long sigh and some strange looks. “Madam it is a long and drawn out process” “ How long” I asked? “As long is as long is”
“OK I need to get it sorted I prefer to have the driver’s permit, it’s just the right thing to do”
As luck would have it, I jump in my car on my way home for lunch the police stops me! I panicked! As I approached the police to stop I acted in fear and speeded up and drove off. The police was scrambling to write down the licence plate! My heart was beating, my palms were sweating! Did I just drive off and not stop for the police??? What is really going on with me?

So I got back to work and said ok let’s get the driver’s permit sorted!
I go to the relevant office and I was told you can go through the long process or pay 180,000Sch now and get it in a week! The other process may take about 2 to 3 months minimum!
The dynamics of this country is so fascinating to me! I left there mulling on the “offer”
So what did I learn today?
The whole “kitikidogo” culture here is so entrenched it is almost the norm! How can I make a difference in my own way to make a difference? I figuring it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism