Commitment Declaration

“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth that ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. I learned a deep respect for one of Goethe’s couplets: ‘Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it./ Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.’ Begin it now.”

~W.H. Murray

Guess what I did today? I created a commitment declaration to myself and committed to doing things to allow my personal power to shine through!  It's simpler than it sounds, personal power means using the God given abilities and power to live my best life. 
What is a commitment declaration? Well you know I am a fan of simplicity so its really me sitting and writing a few lines to say "Self, you commit to doing these five tasks and lovingly encouraging myself to do them" But here's the clincher, at the end of the day, literally, If I did not honor the commitments I ask myself explain what was more important than honoring the commitment that I  made to myself? That to me is a wake up call! What could ever ever ever be more important than honoring a commitment I made to myself? What is more important than honoring myself? There is nothing right at this present moment more important than honoring myself and the commitments to myself! 

Let me start small with commitments to myself and I know that the small things will become the big things, practice makes perfect.
What is more important then honoring the commitments I have made to myself? 
How does it make me feel to know that I have allowed myself to believe that something or someone is more important than honoring myself?
Catch this- when you honor yourself, every single thing you do comes from that place!
Sometimes I need a big fat reminder! I now consider myself reminded!!
Peace!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism