Lessons and more lessons

When there is acceptance, judgment no longer has any power. Panache Desai



I have been learning tons of lessons over the past few days! Life is full of surprises and possibilities. I strongly believe that the Universe is an infinite opportunity machine., To tap into it we must go "there", where we put the work in and ask the right questions.

I wake up everyday and know that my life as it stands now is a gift and that everyday brings with it so many surprises! Life is delighted to surprise me and now I am pretty comfortable with every surprise
This is what I have been practicing over the past week, watching the feelings that I have pass through me rather than holding on to them and judging them. I embrace it, feel it and then let it go.Let me tell you, it is one of the best things I have decided to do.

This morning a good friend of mine called me and we were chatting and I asked about another friend and she started crying uncontrollably! I was stunned at her response! She gave me some sobering news in between the sobs that our friend is dying and will die soon, in less than one month. Now I immediately thought ok this is what the Universe was preparing me for, to sit in the feelings and let it pass! Usually I would just start talking about it, say something positive and bottle it up, but I cried! and it felt much better! I am sitting with this feeling today and letting it pass and recognizing that life is indeed a gift and all the shit that I fuss about is so insignificant when I can be sharing my gifts with the world, having fun and living my life to the fullest! 

So on Carnival Tuesday in Port of Spain, this is the festival where I experience the most freedom. People are on the streets partying and having fun, I made a vow to myself to experience all of it if I want to and stop making up excuses! to embody the freedom that the festival promotes today and forward. To live my life to the max! I want to know that when I am gone I have done my best and left an impression just as my friend will that has us crying our eyes out on Carnival Tuesday not only with sadness but with a joy knowing that it is a great person who we had the absolute honor of knowing! 

Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism