Are You Ready to Look Deeper?


our lives present us with enough obvious opportunities to practice forgiveness without the need to uncover others. We can rest assured that, if any area of our lives is in need of healing, which simply means that it is a symbol upon which we have projected our unconscious guilt, that need will become apparent when we are ready to look deeper. ACIM


There is a theory that when one is triggered it means that this is a place of healing. The thing has come up to be healed. So what do we do? Many of us do not recognise that the trigger is a gift therefore ignoring it or projecting it onto other people in the form of annoyance or anger or cutting them off, other times we "hide" through comfort eating, sex, drugs, alcohol, excess partying, shopping, staying at home. Some type of overcompensation happens when we do not know, realise or acknolwledge that the triggers are blessings, an indication of growth, that healing is the next step.
Having said that, one of my triggers is people not keeping their word to me, particularly if we planned it in advance. I know it is my trigger because I get livid, then I get totally disappointed. Then I have noticed that a couple of people around me have had to change plans, it sent me bonkers. The "brave" ones tell me honestly that I over react or they see me transform when it happens. So I have decided to pay attention, I have decided to "be" to look at the patterns, to understand the triggers and most important to comit to healing

That takes some discipline and guts people! 
To go back to my childhood where I would get dressed, my mother would dress me up in what I would ask her to, and I would wait on my father to come to collect me to spend time with him. I would sit waiting in the front porch looking sweet, if I may say so myself, and hours would pass. If my mum was at home she would take me for Dairy Queen ice cream or KFC, if she was not at home I would go inside and sit at my grandma's kitchen table and she would talk about how much "these people who are full of promises and cannot keep their word are a waste of God Damm time" 
I never gave this a second thought until I was grown. And became aware of triggers. Everytime I had to wait on someone - hell broke loose in my mind! I was mad as hell
then when they cancelled? oh hell naw!
I started attracting men who would do the same thing. My exercise trainer, same! 
So the time is up! healing is essential.
and what heals everything? Forgiveness! that is where it all begins
Peace





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism