Book Tour Lessons Part 2

 Nothing can bring complete contentment except the knowledge that "I am surrounded by Your Love, forever still, forever gentle and forever safe" (1:7). Today, will I pursue yet another illusion? Or will I use my time wisely, and choose Heaven and the peace of God? ACIM


The past week has been quite a whirlwind! From Barbados to Grande Riviere to Unit Trust Corporation. Through the sleep, the planes, the hotels, the mini buses, the book signings, the talks I made little time for getting still, reflecting and sharing lessons on the Journey. The next few days are also full to the brim however I made the conscious decision today to checkn in with my lovely peeps.

The book tour to Barbados was fun, I resolved to
1. To accept what is, then decide
2. To accept support without a fight or excuses
3. To make decisions and feel comfortable with it even if it was hard
4. To have fun
5. To not fret about money or the seeming lack of
6. To be present
7. To go with the flow

And let me tell you, this approach really supported me
we were running late for our radio interview as we misjudged the time it would take on public transport, I said ok self- accept what is and decide
we reached after 9am but they were not yet ready for us- perfect timing

the bookstore did not do one bit of marketing - we stepped up and ran through the store giving people an idea who we was - thank you to Denyssa for suggesting that and following through
we asked for a mic system and did an unscheduled reading at the store
go with the flow

the room was not set up or ready for us when we arrived for the last talk- we set it up, said nothing and just got on with it

Things can never ever be perfect no matter how we try to control it
Disappointment comes when we want to control all the outcomes, it also comes when the intention is not pure and when we not ready
Everything else is us wanting to play God!
And we just can't
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism