Reflection is different to Overthinking

We don't always need to jump into what to do and how to feel differently. Sometimes the best solution isn't a solution at all – it's a reflection. It's a investigation into what's actually going on Maxie McCoy


Taking time to reflect has helped me in making decisions, in responding rather than reacting
Reflecting I have learnt is way way way different to overthinking. Reflection involves being open, honest, courageous and asking tough questions.It involves taking responsibility.
Over thinking include making up stories and scenarios, playing them out as if they are real and laced with fear and blame.

In reflection, the questions that you ask yourself are key. Is it a story? Is it true? What is my role and responsibility in this? Am I missing something?

Reflection involves taking some time before a firm decision is made. Fools rush in they say! and that meant for me, foolish actions happen when there is little or no reflection involved

I usually had the tendency to "solve problems right away", it must happen in the moment. there must be no delay! many times that exacerbated the issues because there I never stopped to ask myself pertinent questions
to really look at it from a less cloudy perspective
Confessions on the Journey - I wanted it dealt with right away because I used to fall into the valley of overthinking - so handling it right away caused less anxiety.
I have learnt to  Sit with the feeling - this too shall pass

Peace


Have you read any of Akosua's work?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism