Take a Full Breath Before You Act...


Here’s a money-saving tip that also happens to be a radical counter-cultural act of defiance:
Before you buy the promising under eye concealer, or the jeans (that are just like three other pairs of jeans you got, because they were going to change your life by attracting the perfect life partner), or before you sign the car lease because you’ve been picturing that moment you drive up to your family reunion, and as the glint of the chrome catches your cousins eye, they’ll finally know that you’ve been way smarter than all of them all along), before you pull out the credit card, take a full breath in and out and say to yourself, to YOU:
I love you.
And then see if you still have to have it Danielle La Porte


It all comes from inside! It cannot all be external, my granma says when a pig is dressed up with mud, it remains a pig
Wayne Dyer also says, when we are sqeezed we get to see what comes out. So if we squeeze an orange, what comes out is orange juice!
So, what happens when you get upset or how do you respond or react when under severe pressure. what does the pressure cooker produce when you are placed in it?

I used to go immediately into fix it mode, withdraw emotionally and move directly into "fixing" it
As if I can fix any darn thing right?
Sometimes the fixing looks like manipulating the situation to ensure that I have my own way, sometimes it would look like talking about how I wronged!
I'm getting better at the rush to "fixing" it, I have been taking the time to go inward, so when I am squeezed and pressured its not all guuk that comes out. Its been a process, I am totally open to filling my inside with yumminess.
That has been happening with patience, meditation acceptance and time!
There is nothing outside of you that can fill you up inside with anything sustainable to move you forward on the journey
All of the external things are aids, they are adornments, they are transient. They will not last
a handbag bought when feeling down or angry serves its purpose- temporarily- it will not fill you up with substance and fuel for the journey
Food - same thing, it will feel good for a while- as it ought to
Take the time to look inside, to pause, to reflect, to take a walk before moving ahead with any urge to fix, control, get mad vex, and to judge
See what happens
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism