Don't Lie to Yourself

Lying to yourself and other people about what you need,want,like or do is akin to having a bacterial fungus. It spreads quickly into other areas of your life and pollutes your being - One Day My Soul Just Opened Up

The truth will set you free, that is a fact! The truth you tell yourself, more than anything else, more than telling others. What you tell yourself, you become.
You don't have to tell me what is going on in your life, I can see it.
You don't have to tell me if you are eating healthy, I can see it, and I don't mean only in your weight, it can be shown in the glow of your skin, in your health and so on
You don't have to tell me that you are happy - it shows on how you treat people, how you treat yourself, how you speak to people, your relationships with your family, co-workers, your community.
You don't have to tell me if you are stressed - it shows
Life is always giving us clues and guides
When we lie to ourselves, the result does not change.
The truth will set you free.
Tell yourself the truth
And then move from there
Forget what will happen
Pass through the discomfort because on the other side of that is freedom
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism