Back Home

The way we experience the world around us is a direct reflection of the world within us. Gabrielle Bernstein

Coming home after a trip is usually a bitter sweet moment for me.Being away from the daily routine gives me an opportunity to reflect. Reflection can bring up moments that can be tough to accept particularly when we know that there are better choices that we can make, that there can be more discipline and consistency in our lives, less judgement, less fear.

Looking into the mirror of self is critical for growth, and sometimes that can be uncomfortable because your dress can be stuck in your drawers and you had no clue. I have learnt that everything starts within, everything starts with a decision to do, to move, to love.
Every business
Every dream
Every great love affair
Every movement

And so, when I reflect I get to see that I have been avoiding decisions, out of fear
How would I...... insert as required
How would I.....pay my bills?
How would I.....live without him/her?
How would I....survive?

The decision to do is one of faith and self belief, I have also learnt that it really is never about the how. it is always about your decision on how you want to feel, and how you want to live your life.

So, I am back at home, and making decisions to leap, to soar, to think global, to act, to move
It's scary as hell but I know it will be better to jump rather than to be pushed
Peace

Have you read any of Akosua's work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism