Go Inward

"if you're wondering why things aren't clicking, or why things aren't happening in the ways you want or wish, now would be a good time to ask, "what am i holding onto in spirit that no longer serves me, that is keeping the good away?" Joel Leon


There are so many new experiences that I have been happening in my life over the past few weeks. I know and I have heard that the only thing one can guarantee in life is change. I must say though it works so much easier when I either read that or tell it to someone else! Experiencing change is still a very tough lesson for me especially when the change is not something that I am comfortable with and don't know the actual outcome.

Change I have learnt is never convenient, and new experiences come to show us how much we have grown or how much growing we still have to do.

When the new experiences come, and I feel uncomfortable, I resist them. Resistance looks like me showing up late, me complaining bitterly to anyone and everyone that would listen, passive resistance, not being fully present, hiding. I have a toolbox of resistance! That resistance comes from the fear of the unknown and the inconvenience of living a different life.

So, I have learnt to notice the resistance, to welcome it in, have a chat with myself assuring myself that this too shall pass, that the experiences are here for you, to learn, to stretch, to grow, to see. If I remain willing, what comes out on the other side of the experience is always useful either for me or for the work that I am involved in. Be pissed off, that is okay, just don't be pissed off and resistant too long so that you miss the lesson.

Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Things I Believe

What Does Support Look Like to You?

Sensible Optimism